[Artemisia] Sad News

John Lawler woodmancreations at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 09:21:45 CDT 2005

In addition to the aforementioned information I have a missive from Katy's
siter.

Hello,

My name is Beth, I am Katy's sister. First, I would like to thank everyone
for their heartfelt wishes and support during this time. After speaking to
some of yo on the phone....Hawk, Marvin, Dana, Sam.....I realize my sister
has some wonderful friends! Thank you all!

>From what I was told by the police, this is what happened. Katy was at a gas
station near Kellogg, Idaho on Sunday evening. Apparently, a woman was
having chest pain and was double over. Katy was walking across the parking
lot to help her, when some teenager driving very fast through the parking
lot, hit Katy. The kid took off, but was later found by police. My sister
was flown to Spokane to the hospital. She has been unconscious since.

Her situation is very serious. She has severe swelling around her brain, and
there is blood forming around the brain. There is no longer room for anymore
swelling, so tomorrow the Dr. will drill a small hole in her head to try and
relieve some pressure. If this does not work, they will cut a small piece of
her skull out to allow for swelling.

She is in ICU and is critical. The Dr. has said she needs to wake up soon;
the longer she stays unconscious, the worse the situation is. Her brain
activity is being monitored, but it is slowly decreasing. I have been
talking to her and reading to her, and the monitor does spike at times, so I
know she is hearing me at some level. The nurse said she moved her fingers a
little today, although I have not seen any movement myself.

If anyone would like to send a message to her, feel free to email me at my
email address
malamphy @ hotmail (remove spaces), and I will read your messages to her. At
this point, she can have no visitors except immediate family, and we have
asked the hospital not to release information to anyone who calls (due to
privacy issues with Katy's ex). But please feel free to call or email me,
and I would be happy to talk with anyone. Thinking positively, when she is
awake and her status is upgraded, I am sure visitors will be allowed, but
not at this point for obvious reasons.

Thank you all, it means alot to me to know my baby sister has such caring,
kind friends.

Beth

An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can still hold on to one blade of
grass and not fall off the face of the earth!