[Artemisia] OT: Europe anyone?

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Dec 14 14:53:02 CST 2005

Really? I was there just a couple of years ago.  I don't remember any major
traffic areas in the vicinity....
Tara's a weird bunch of very lumpy, grass-covered hills.  Little hills.  The
grass was really long, and there was actually a guy trying to play golf in
it (!)  It was very cool that it was Tara, of course, and the hills were
obviously not natural, but it was hard to imagine it with buildings and
people and palisades, etc.
There's a really cool, used bookstore on the site, too.  When I was there,
the proprietor was some famous guy who was a former jockey? Wonderful old,
dusty books....
If you get a chance, I really, really, REALLY recommend going to Newgrange.
And Dublin.  National Museum, National Gallery...all free to go in (paid
with state lottery earnings).  Oh, and the library at Trinity, of course.
They'd just opened a really neat, new exhibit on the Book of Kells when I
was there in 2002.  (dang, hard to believe it was that long ago....)
--Maire, jonesing to go back ;o)