[Artemisia] Re: OT: Europe anyone?

Melody Kalkowski aka Jadwiga agentsaepenon at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 15:29:40 CST 2005

I've been hoping to hit up Poland (which seems to have remained SCA free) but would also like to see France and other countries.

  The question is, if I wanted to fight, how hard would it be to get my heavy gear over there? I mean, sure a thirty-some inch round shield fits in the over head compartment but the cost of checking an extra bag due to weight can be rather high. Then there's the carting of it around europe...

  -Jadwiga

  "In service, my reward"

  ============
  Hi everyone,

This is my first posting to the list in a long time, since before it
moved
from yahoo so here goes.

Been talking with a few people lately who would like to go (or go back
Europe.  I myself am planning to go sometime in 2007 (late  spring?)
It of
course will be 80% medieval (castles cathedrals and  battlefields). I'm
thinking
at least two weeks, my interests are England, France  and Wales.  But
nothing
is concrete yet.

Does anybody have similar ideas?  I don't know if airlines still offer
group
rates but if enough people are interested, maybe we can go as a group
(at
least for the airfare)  then people can split up to see what they want
once  we
are over there.

Any takers?
Lets see if we can get a dialog going about this, if we could get a
group
over there at one time it could be a lot of fun.

I've been looking at some of the SCA group web pages  from Drachenwaldt
and
would like to time the trip to coincide with an event  at a real castle
(which
seems to happen frequently)!

Anyone interested?

Ld.Dederich of Huntington