[Artemisia] Archery......a challenge.

Baron Arnhold bnbarnhold at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 08:31:25 CST 2005

Godwin and archers,

  Please know that you have permission from both Her Excellency and myself to go forward with this idea.  We are looking forward to seeing it in action if everything pans out.  However, please do not make this part of the Archery Championship for Arn Hold, but rather a seperate contest.

  Thank you,

  Tor Von Butterber, OP
  Baron of Arn Hold

Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil <archergodwin at cableone.net> wrote:
  Good gentles all,
...and you archers too ;)

Let it be known through out the fair lands of Artemisia, that I Lord
Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil, do issue a challenge to the toxophiles
of the land.

That after a period of 9 full moons, this challenge should come to pass
and be well known.

With Their Excellencie's, Tor & Rachel's permission, as well as with
ArnHold's Captain of Archers, space permitting....etc etc etc...

I do intend to challenge any and all archers, shooting period equipment
as defined by IKAC rules, to a flight shooting competition, at Raptor
War 2006.

:)

For those that do not know what flight shooting is......it is a
competition of who can shoot the furthest.

I announce it now, so that all interested may prepare.

There will be an "entrant fee" of sorts. For an archer to participate,
he or she must bring a prize. Relating to archery preferred.....
Only period handbows will be in competition. No crossbows or footbows.
The archer will shoot 3 arrows and the furthest will be scored.
All other requirements of archery as prescribed by the SCA will be in
effect.

Yours in Service, through the art of archery,
Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil

Meister Tor and Dame Rachel
Baron and Baroness of Arn Hold
(208) 322-3444 before 9:00pm MST