[Artemisia] Missive to Artemisians traveling to Estrella

Kyle Freutel Kyle at brsarchitects.com
Tue Feb 8 11:13:32 CST 2005

I am forwarding this missive originally sent to the Artemisian Chivalry
list, on behalf of Sir Balin de Valiere of the East. In addition to
being an outstanding, fighter Sir Balin is also a very entertaining
personality to be around.  Sir Balin has finaled in East Kingdom Crown
Tournament on numerous occasions and is looking for brave souls willing
to join him on the field that share his passion for fighting.  Sir Balin
fought 1000 fights during a single Pennsic war.
Konrad von Krixen

Dear Brothers,
I send greetings and do request your help. It has been my pleasure over
the years to make the acquaintance of many of my fellow members of the
chivalry that reside in the great Kingdom of Artemisia. It has been my
privilege to make friendships with several of these great men. I have
been honored. I would however like the chance to get to know more of
you. I realize that for you Pennsic is a great journey. We of the East
kingdom and especially my household, ICOD, have always been proud to
fight along side the Artemisia no matter what their attending numbers.
This year we will try and return the favor, the East will be coming to
you.
:) I will be attending Estrella this year for all four days. I plan to
be on the field and ready to fight by 10:00am on Thursday, the 17th.
This is where I ask for your help in two endeavors.

First, I would like to get to meet and fight as many of you as possible.
If you will be donning armor at the war it would be my honor meet you on
the field of battle. It is my goal, realistic or not, to get to fight
each member of the Artemesian chivalry that is at Estrella this year.

Secondly, it is my intention to fight as much as possible at Estrella. I
intend to be on the field each day by 10:30am and to remain on the field
doing pickups/battles/tournaments until darkness or until there are no
other fighters left. I will be doing this Thursday, Friday, Saturday and
Sunday. In this endeavor you can help me as well, by sending me
companions. The truth is I will be alone. The knights and squires of my
household cannot make the journey.
(though there is an outside chance that Sir Stephan Von Dresden may
accompany me). I therefore ask that you send me your squires! Loan them
to me for the daylight hours at the war. If you feel that your squires
could benefit from a venture such as this send them to me. We all know
that it was much harder for us coming up through the ranks than it is
today :). If you send them to spend their days at the war in this
endeavor they will get a taste of some "old school medicine" :). I am
looking for companions to join me for all four days. I promise to send
them back to you by dark each day.

I'd like to thank you in advance for your help. I am looking forward to
meeting many you and your squires.
If your squires wish to join me they can meet me at the Bergstadt
encampment at 10am on Thursday or they can meet me on the field starting
at 10:30am.
I can be found all days on the field near a banner or sign that says
"Embassy of the EAST". Or please ask his Grace Konrad to point me out.

If you would like to contact me in advance to discuss what I have in
mind, or to let me know your squires would be interested feel free to
email me at westmb29us at yahoo.com. <mailto:westmb29us at yahoo.com.>

Yours in Service,

Sir Balin de Valiere -GeC
East Kingdom
4 time Admiral of the Armies-East Kingdom
Gratia et Comitas-Artemisia