[Artemisia] Artemisian Tourney Circuit

Megen hlmegen at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 09:42:49 CST 2005

Greetings from the Chancellor of the Rolls for the new Artemisian Tourney Circuit.

I just want to make you aware of how to report points for the Tourney Circuit.  If it is a tourney held within our wonderful Kingdom, then the person who ran the list will be responsible to send me report of who entered the list, who made the semi's, who made the finals, and who the winner is for each heavy tourney held at that event, no later than one week following the event.  The individual fighter can also email their points to me if they wish.

If it is an out of Kingdom event, then the fighter is responsible to send me their points themselves.  The report must include the event, date, tourney, and how far they made it.  The tourney must fall within the guidelines of being eligible, and the fighter is on their honor to report points correctly.

Normal tourneys will be
Winner - 4
Finals- 3
Semis- 2
entering- 1

For Round Robins and Bear Pit tourneys
Winner- 4
2nd place- 3
3rd place- 2
entering- 1

Pas d'Arms and fighting as the bye fighter you earn 1 point for entering.  The points earned in one tourney are not accumulative, the most points you can earn is 4.  If you enter two different tourneys held at the same event, do not add up the points, just report participation for both tourneys.  It is possible to have two tourneys at one event but only have one of them eligible.

The best way to send me your reports is through email either at hlmegen at yahoo.com or raedwulf at xmission.com    If the fighter does not have email access, then someone else could email it for them.  I will send email confirmation back so you know I have recorded your points.  If you need a physical address, please call me.

I know there are many fighters who entered tourneys at Estrella!  All of these should qualify.  Please send me word of your participation and I'll get your points going!!

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to email me.

Always for Artemisia,

HL Megen de la Beche
Kingdom Minister of the Lists
Chancellor of the Rolls for the Tourney Circuit

Sean Oppenheimer <sean_oppenheimer at hotmail.com> wrote:
Greetings Artemisia,

With the grace of Their Royal Majesties, I did make an announcement
concerning the innagural year of the Artemisian Tourney Circuit. The
details of the Circuit are contained below. If you have any questions, you
may contact myself or the Chancellor of the Tourney Circuit, HL Megen.

As this is the first time something of this nature has been done in our
Kingdom, we may experience some growing pains. However, the structure of
the circuit has been well thought out with commentary coming largely from
the Aretmisia Militaris.

What?!? You're not on the Artemisia Militaris?!? (**This has been an unpaid
service announcement for www.artemisiamilitaris.org**) ;)

Herein lay the details:

Purpose
The purpose of the tourney circuit is to encourage participation in the
lists.
Success in the list is also to be rewarded.
It is recognized that the winner of the Tourney Circuit may not be “Best”
fighter in the Kingdom.

Champion
The winner of the tourney circuit will be named Artemisian Champion. And
will hold this title for one year.
The Artemisian Champion will have no additional responsibilities (beyond
those established by individual tourneys).
This title carries no precedence.
The Champion must reside within the Kingdom of Artemisia

Structure
Points will be issued for any tournament reported to the Chancellor of the
Rolls for the tourney circuit. (Currently Kingdom Minister of Lists)
Point totals (points for entry included):
Win = 4
Finalist = 3
Semi = 2
Participation = 1 (Includes Bye fighter and Pas d’Arms)
Tourney Season will run from Estrella War to October Crown.
To qualify, a Tournament must meet the following requirements:
Must be at an SCA sanctioned event.
No household tourneys, Demos or “Backyard” tourneys
Must be open to anybody
May have “Limiting Criteria” (Belted only, Unbelted only, Iron Rose, etc)
Minimum of eight combatants
Heavy Weapons only
Fighters are responsible for reporting their list points for tournaments
that are held outside of the Kingdom of Artemisia (Outlands Prize, etc.)
List participants from out of Kingdom will receive points for Artemisian
lists even though they are ineligible to be champion.

Chancellor

Will tabulate points for the tourney circuit
Will declare the victor of the tourney circuit at October Crown
Will make “Top Twenty” point totals available at least once per month.
In the event of a disputed tourney, the Chancellor will determine what is
considered to be a valid list.
Is the final arbiter on points assigned.