[Artemisia] Middle Eastern War VI

Robert Shepherd matthewmorgon at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 09:32:14 CST 2005

Middle Eastern War VI,

A New Beginning,,,,

May 13th - 15th, 2005

Greetings, good gentles. Hail and well met! We have re-claimed this glorious land for the Kingdom of Artemisia, the Barony of Loch Salnn and Shire of Arrows Flight! We charge thee, great fighters of the realm, to stand with us and defend our land from those who may so rudely invade our Shire without courtesy or leave. Join us in combat that we may show our quality upon the noble battlefield. Afterward we shall honor the victorious heros as well as the nobly fallen. Rejoice and celebrate with us in feast, dance, song and drum from May 13th through May 15th, 2005.

Our feast shall be prepared by the incomparable Lord Bjorn Inn Mikli. The menu shall include such gastronomic delights as Chicken Curry, Jeweled Almond Rice, and Cream of Barley Soup as well as other selection from Lord Bjorn’s endlessly delightful medley of recipes.

The Middle Eastern War will be held at the old castle/amphitheater at the top of Center Street in Provo Utah.

Take your best route on I-15 to the East Bound (EB) Center Street (exit 268) in Provo. (Not Orem!) Follow the road all the way to the east end of Center Street at the Seven Peaks turn off. Stay right all the way to the top. Signs will be posted to lend you aid.

Restaurant, fast food and hotel accommodations are very close. We like to party at the "Village Inn." Crash space is available for those who don’t wish to camp on site. Reserve Camping early as space is limited.

Site Fee: $12.00, 6-12 year old $6.00, under 6 free.Family cap at $32.00 (Add $3.00 for non members)

Saturday Only

Day Fee: $8.00, 6-12 year old $4.00, under 6 Free. Family Day cap $24.00 (Add $3.00 for non members)

Feast fee: $7.00, 6-12 year old $3.50, kids under 6 are Free.

*** All feast fees and reservations are due by May 4th. ***

Competitions

Heavy: Round Robin, Castle Defenders, Last Man Standing and Light Weapon Rapier: Rapier War and Rapier Round Robin Boffer: Boffer Round Robin and Boffer Last Man StandingArchery: Range, Bag Shoot and Stuffy ShootA&S: Anything Goes. Finished or in progresses (Anything you would like to display, wood working, arrows, paintings, as well as needlework, candle making, armor, etc. If you made it, we’d love to see it.) Prizes will be awarded!Dancing: Belly Dancing Amateur and Pro ..

Classes

Belly Dancing, Brewing, Arrow making and whatever else anyone expresses an interest in or is willing to teach. (If you are willing to teach a class or just have a suggestion please call or email.)

Merchants Row

If you want to sell it, bring it here. The merchants fee is a donation from your wares. The merchants did very well here last year so reserve your space now.

Bag Raffle

There will be two bag raffles, one for the shire and one for the volunteers. Any donation would be appreciated, so please give. It will show how much you appreciate the shire and the volunteers' who have made enormous efforts to make this an enjoyable event.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Sheriffs, water bearers, judging, instructors, Troll assistance, WHATEVER! Just come and HELP! We won’t say no. (Tickets will be given for the volunteers raffle.)

Autocrat - Matthew Morgon (Robert Shepherd) (801) 377-7858 or email at matthewmorgon at yahoo.com R.S.V.P

Co-Autocrat - Silk ( Lady Shyeleen Ileise Leticia Kirkpatrick ) ( Nancy Court-Ryan ) (801) 491 2805.

Feast Steward - Lord Bjorn inn Mikli (Cliff Johnson) Ph: (801) 358 - 5623 or e-mail at bjorn_inn_mikli at yahoo.com

Merchant Contact - Lady Bronwyn Y Cardigan(Chana Briggs)266 S 300 W . Provo, UT, 84601 (801) 377-1379 or e-mail at chanamb at aol.com

( Let us know that you are coming, Merchanting at the event, want to teach a class, bringing a group who wish to camp together, or whatever.)

Please make all checks payable to Arrow’s Flight SCA, Inc. And address them to Kadrina Tanskalianen (Katrina Tucker) 1937 South Main Street, Orem, UT 84508. If you are reserving for more than one person or are reserving for feast please let us know.

Please Take Note!

There is a Pond at this event. There is no swimming, wading, splashing

or fishing and please watch your children