[Artemisia] consider the gauntlet thrown

Jeff Brainard marcocaprioli at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 16:05:20 CST 2005

Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, Bishops, Knights, Peers,
Artemisians, denizens of the Aerie, and to all whom this missive comes,
sendeth Marco dei Caprioli of the Shire of Stan Wyrm warmest greetings.

As co-steward of the upcoming Arts and Sciences Prize on May 7th, one
of my responsibilities is to orchestrate a kingdom fundraiser for the
event. In this endeavor, I aim to win. Let me reiterate: WIN. This is
not a victory I pursue for myself, but in the end, for this kingdom.
Instigating and fueling interest in the arts and sciences is pet
project of mine and hopefully yours, also.

I have a challenge to lay before each of you as responsible members of
this Society and Kingdom. It is twofold:

   1. Will you come and rally our support for the Arts and Sciences
that keep garb on our backs, food in our mouths, and fire in our
encampments or will you stay home while Artemisia's garden withers?

   2. What kind of fundraiser would you like to see in this kingdom?
What are some things that would raise *your* interest in the fundraiser
and what are some perhaps alternative ways that you think could be used
to successfully raise money in and for Artemisia? (I draw the line at
pimping the Prince, though--unless he indicates otherwise.)

Please direct your responses to me specifically or to me as well as the
list if you like. I am more than willing to keep in confidence any
response that you would like private. If you would like to contact me
directly, please see my contact information below.

In duty to the Lands and Crown of Artemisia,I am your servant.

Marco dei Caprioli
co-steward, May 2005 Artemisian Arts & Sciences Prize

406.781.9888 (verizon phone, 3-9 PM or weekends, please)