[Artemisia] terminology--IMPORTANT

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 12:36:05 CST 2005

In a message dated 2/28/2005 10:25:26 AM Mountain Standard Time,
marcocaprioli at yahoo.com writes:
I think it would behoove us all to accord the Arts and Sciences their
rightful place in our lives in the way we reference the term. While in
type, A&S is an acceptable abbreviation, we should remember the
absolute ban on the verbal use of the abbreviation during Sean and
Caryn's last reign. It seems to annoy Her Highness and frankly, I
agree.

Marco
I agree that we need to accord this area the respect it deserves.  In
particular the fact that Arts and Sciences does include science.  Too often it is
viewed as "those pretty little artsy things some people do" rather than the in
depth well researched "scientific" work requiring hours of work that resulted in
an item that is as close to what would have been produced at that exact time
period for that exact culture.  Sometimes it isn't even "pretty" at all, but
it is a correct replica which should be admired both for what it is and for the
hours of research and replication that went into producing it.  Every time an
artisan works on such an item, they increase our knowledge and our ability to
enjoy this game we play and we should give them the credit due for providing
this for all of us.

Lady Constance de la Rose
Barony of Loch Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia