[Artemisia] Quest for the Pink Ribbon - call for pledges

Jeff Webster red_belt at msn.com
Mon Feb 28 11:12:37 CST 2005

Sir Dilan emailed this to me and I am sharing it with you all. Please consider this his challenge to all of you.
Ulric

Kinsmen -

    I need your help!

    Just 1 week remains before I pursue my quest of 200 fights in a 4 hour "fight-a-thon" for Her Majesty's Charity (The Susan B. Koman Foundation for Breast Cancer Research www.komen.org<http://www.komen.org/>).  I have checked and prepared my armor and weapons.  I have the support of 2 great households for the day, and the inspiration of 3 wonderful ladies (Her Majesty, my Lady Wife and my daughter).  My sprit is determined, and my body will be rested and ready.  Everything is in place, save one -

    I find myself JUST SHORT of my pledge target!

    I know that for some of us, these are difficult times, economically.  Sometimes, we look at how much we wish to donate to a cause such as this and think that what little we can give won't matter - just a drop in the bucket.  But if we gather all the drops together, we can create a veritable ocean of hope and difference.

    Any amount of pledge is MORE than appreciated!

    A pledge of .10 per bout would result in a $20 donation, if I am successful in completing all 200 bouts.  If you wish to put a top-end cap on your pledge, do so!  Even a flat donation is graciously accepted!  Heck, you can even pay with Paypal!

    Please send your pledge via email to Dilans_Quest at hotmail.com<about:blank> . All proceeds will go directly to the charity, to add to the money's already raised by His Majesty Brannos and the Baronial Champions of the Midrealm.

    I will respond to each person who makes a pledge by email after the event, and will post the overall totals as they are available as well as how to send your pledge at that time.

Thank you for your time!

Sir Dilan Mac AnTsaier
called
The Battle-Bull