[Artemisia] Estrella War - calling for volunteers

Anita Challis anitachallis at cox.net
Mon Jan 17 10:51:15 CST 2005

This time of year finds many of us preparing to take our vacation attending
Estrella War.  This is a great event attended by thousands of people.  One
of the things that makes Estrella War so successful is the number of people
who are willing to sacrifice several hours during their vacation to do
volunteer service in the many venues needed to make the war run.  Estrella
XX required 9638.75 hours of volunteer time.  A total of 964 persons
completed this huge task.  That is an average of almost 10 hours per person.

The goal this year is to increase the number of people volunteering in order
to decrease the number of hours worked per person.  This way, each of us can
spend more time enjoying the activities and classes. Our goal is five hours
of volunteer time per person for Estrella XXI.

To all of you planning on attending, please volunteer for at least a two
hour shift during this war.

This year The Hospitality Corp is once again going to feed, water and take
care of the volunteers.  Every volunteer is welcome to eat, drink or come
out of the cold at the Hospitality Tent.

We work every year to improve the volunteer process to make it as simple as
we can.
      Security is our crucial area.  We are always looking to fill the
shifts between midnight and 8 am.
      Troll is another crucial place needing staff to move people quickly
through the check-in process.  Saturday morning at 8 am is a key shift to
fill.

If you are attending as a group perhaps your group could volunteer to man a
venue for 8 to 12 hours in pairs            .
            For example, your group could take the 8 pm - 8 am security
shift for one night.
        Challenge another group to outdo your volunteer time.  Not only is
the challenge fun, your group will earn monies for the time worked.
      Estrella War holds the Volunteer Banner competition.  The current
holder is Barony of Atenveldt.

If this sounds like something you want to try, let the Volunteer autocrat
know.  We can help you determine the venue best suited for you and work out
a schedule for you.

I challenge each group to assign a Volunteer Liaison to work directly with
the Volunteer Staff and set up schedules for your group.  If you have any
questions my email address is terri_m_85224 at yahoo.com.  My phone number is
480-917-9909.  I am available to help you work out a schedule.

Yours in Service,
The Estrella XXI Volunteer Staff
Lady Morwenna teg y Caernarvon
Lady Joscelin du Lyons