[Artemisia] farthingale "bones"

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 30 13:31:38 CST 2005

I just found the most wonderful substitute for the boning material for my
farthingale.
Walmart (and i suspect other department stores as well) sells platic coated
wire, as Laundry line, for about 2.95 for 50 ft. in the hardware department.
  two wraps makes about half an inch of the usual metal boning tape, is
sturdy enough to hold shape under about 35 lbs of dress, Flexable enough to
retain its shape, and bendy enough to let one through the port-a-portal
door.

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

"It is a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word" ...
Thomas Jefferson

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com