[Artemisia] OT - London Bombings

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:05:28 CDT 2005

Begging your indulgence,

Has anyone heard from compatriots in the British isles since the news broke?
I have (non-SCA) friends who live outside London, and one of them works in a
government office...in the city. I wrote them first thing this morning, but
so far I've had no reply.

I know from searching for friends in Manhattan on September 11 that I
probably won't hear from them for at least 24 hours, silence in the
immediate aftermath does not mean disaster, and the best I can do is sit
tight.  My brain knows this.

My heart doesn't care what rational thought says. My stomach is still tied
in knots.

trying to keep it together,
Aurora de Portugal