[Artemisia] Iron Thread

aravis227 at comcast.net aravis227 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 12 00:48:54 CDT 2005

Unto all Artisans who plan to attend the War of Seven,
Here it is, the information you've all been waiting for, the official
rules of The Iron Thread.  There are two "secret ingredients" to this
competition.  one will be the fabric provided to the team when they
arrive on site.  The other is the culture and time period you will be
given.  This information will also be given on site when you pick up
your fabric.  I will give you one hint, the secret culture will NOT be
European.  Resources will be provided on site to be used in a specified
research area.  Garb can be made for a man or a woman, but must be for
an adult.

1.  You may form a team of up to 6 people.  In addition to your 6 team
members, each team may have one additional team member who is a child.
You are also welcome to enter by yourself.
2.  You must register with me for the Iron Thread by midnight of
Wednesday, July 13th.  (I will be in attendance at Loch Salann fighter
practice, or see my contact info on the website.)
3.  A member of your team must contact me on site to recieve the secret
fabric provision.  You must use the ENTIRE piece of secret fabric.  It
must be used in some way in each piece of the outfit.
4.  All entries must be finished and ready for judging by 5pm on
Saturday.  They must be modeled by either a member of the team or a
model of your own choosing.
5.  You may bring any fabric, trim, buttons, grommets, etc. from your
own collection.  However, no sewing machines will be allowed.  That
means, no treddle machines, no hand-held machines, no full-size machines
on generators.  Sorry folks, but that would be no fun!
6.  There will be ONE trip to the fabric store made Saturday morning.
Each team must choose one representative to go.  All team
representatives will go at the same time.  I will be escorting the trip.
 Other than this trip teams must not leave site after they have recieved
their secret ingredients, so bring all of the things you will need!
7.  Judging will be based on your knowledge of the provided resources,
your integration of the secret fabric, and the overall quality of the
garb made.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Other than these rules, you are free to do any research or planning you
would like to do.  I hope to see many of you entering!

Lady Maysun Nura al Ishfahani al Samarkandiyya

***Please forward this on to any who might be interested***