[Artemisia] Event in Crystal Crags

John Lawler woodmancreations at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 19 07:49:05 CDT 2005

Dieties and Demigods

This August 5th and 6th, the Brotherhood will once again be holding a theme
event.  The event is not officially published, and therefore is not
technically a true SCA event, but we will still be using SCA standards and
rules.  The theme this year is Greek deities and demigods. This is a fun
event that everyone can enjoy. We have had a good turnout in the past and we
want to keep this tradition going. Each year the "THEME" will change to
allow for a very different event each year. So come on out and enjoy some
good times with good friends! Site opens early on Friday (meaning Ely is off
on Friday's so show up when you want) and closes when you leave on Sunday
(meaning take your time tearing down).

Starting at 3pm on Friday there will be a series of seven tournaments held
to determine who will be one of the seven gods on the melee field for
Saturday.  The tourneys will include many styles; Valhalla, meanest mother,
snowball, timed-race, combat archery, round robin, and a single elimination
boat battle.

Saturday will be filled with fighting, feasting and revelry.  All day
Saturday we will have a wide variety of melee battles.  Those that won the
tournaments the day before will take part in the battles as Greek gods with
special powers.  The seven gods will be Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Apollo, Ares,
Athena and Hermes.

The Brotherhood will be holding a kitchen through the whole event.  The cost
for the kitchen includes a sit down feast Saturday night, so bring your
feast gear. We will be serving food Friday lunch through Sunday Brunch. It
will be $25.00 per person for food for the whole event.  If you just want in
on the Greek feast Saturday night, the fee will only be $10.00.  You do not
need to pre pay, but we do need a head count, so please contact Dahoud for
reservations.  You may pay Dahoud for feast at the event.  Please bring
carpets and pillows to sit on, because the tables will be low.

Site fee is $5.00.  We have a huge eight-foot fire circle that everyone may
gather around, but you may also bring your own raised fire pit if you
desire.  The site is extremely wet, but please use period drinking vessels.
We encourage all to come in their best Greek outfits Saturday night.   There
will be prizes awarded for the BEST DRESSED, MOST RECOGNIZABLE and BEST
CHARACTER or PERSONALITY of the Greek gods and goddesses.

Address: 280 Trap Rd. Columbia Falls, MT 59912

Directions: Take your best route to Kalispell, MT and State Hwy 93. In the
center of Kalispell Hwy 93 and Hwy 2 converge. Take Hwy 2 north (actually
heads east) and continue to follow it until it converges with MT Hwy 35.
Head east on Hwy 35 for approximately 7 miles to Hwy 206 then take it north
for approximately 7 miles to Trap Rd. Turn west (left) on Trap Rd. and go
approx. ¼ mile to entrance. Look for signs.

Feastocrat: Qadi Dahoud 406-370-7435 or Qadidahoud at yahoo.com

Autocrat: Lord Ely O'lestlobain 406-249-4131 or woodmancreations at hotmail.com