[Artemisia] RE:Quarter pound weights

iru san irusan at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 13:43:37 CDT 2005

Greetings,

    Regarding 1/4 pound weights, we used to have people make their own with pennies and tube socks.   45 pennies weigh 1/4 of a pound. For ankle or leg weights put half in the toe section of a pair of the tube socks then tie the tops of them together.  This can be looped over the limb and wrapped around or half tied if needed to stay on.  A single sock can be used if you want a weight to hold in the hand, tie just above the pennies and cut off the extra if wished or twist it back on itself (like one does with a bread bag missing it's tie.)   Dried beans can also be used, just measure them into produce bags at the grocery store - or for a rough estimate buy a one pound bag and divide it into four portions.

   It's very simple to untie and  add weight to these as needed, and at the end you get a cash reward.  Pennies weigh 2.5 grams each, the conversion I used was here http://www.sciencemadesimple.net/weight.php  .  I learned it as pennies were two dollars a pound, so I guess my people were lifting an extra ounce.

  Hope it is of some help.
  Slainte'

Irusan

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
 Happiness never decreases by being shared."
                  Buddha