[Artemisia] RE: Punch Embroidery

leishman10 at juno.com leishman10 at juno.com
Thu Jun 30 19:35:12 CDT 2005

Herrschners does carry the Punch Embroidery needles (Punch Needles is
what they are called on their web page), they appear to be sold in sets
of 3 sizes.  there is a set for 22.99 and another for 44.99 (or
thereabouts)... the more expensive set appears to be far more durable
than the other.  They are not quite like I remember the one I had , but
look to have been 'advanced' in design???

They are designed for embroidery floss, 1, 3 or 6 strand.... As far as
patterns go... the beauty of these little tools go  is you can do punch
work on virtually any pattern you can come up with... hmmm a heraldic
device might look kinda slick. You are not restricted to any one fabric
type, however denser fabric is generally better... you are punching
zillions of little holes into the pattern and you don't want to put holes
into the fabric...

Have done this in the past (back in the late 80's, bought mine at a fair
too)... it was kind of fun to use...the result is 'fluffy
embroidery......and now that someone discovered a period-ish use for
them... I find myself wishing I hadn't given those silly gizmos
away..............  or did I??? Maybe it's time to go rooting through the
basement in the pile of 'really old' projects just to see... the thought
of doing that terrifies me ;0)

Good luck with your search and if you find it, happy punching

Bethoc