[Artemisia] Classes for Arn Hold Night at the Tavern -- input requested

Bruce Padget bapadget at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 23:46:32 CST 2005

Arn Hold Night at the Tavern -- March 19.  If you're a
gamester (or just want to be one), be there.  I have a
favor to ask, however.

I'll be set up for open gaming and teaching all day,
of course.  (While I'll always teach willing students,
my preference is not to teach in the evening.
Expenses to cover, you know. Day for teaching, night
for schoolin'. :D)  In addition, I may have time
available to teach one or two formal classes.  I've
got three class proposals.  What I would like is input
on which classes to teach.  If the consensus is to bag
classes and just teach in the open format, it would be
good to know that as well.

The classes:

Rennaissance Gambling - 2 hours.  A quick survey of a
variety of Card, Dice, Tables, and Board games.

Tables, or Two Dozen Period Things to do with a
Backgammon Set -- 2 hours, solid knowledge of
Backgammon prerequisite.  What we now think of as a
Backgammon set was actually for an entire family of
games known as "Tables."  Meet the family.

Games for Latin-suited Cards:  2 hours. Learn Tarots,
Rentoy (an early bluffing game), and Scopa (the basis
for the modern game of Punto).

Regards,
Niccolo
Abbastanza Buon Non E Abbastanza Buono