[Artemisia] Feast of St Pyre's Change

Jamukha Batu jamukha at coteduciel.org
Fri Mar 11 12:13:33 CST 2005

Earlier Auraelia wrote:

    I have just learned that the Kingdom Equestrian Championship has been
    postponed and will not be at the St. Pyres event.

    Can someone tell me if there are still Equestrian events?

---------------------

Earlier this month the Kingdom Seneschal and Minister of the Stable
decided to postpone the Kingdom Equestrian Championship to later in the
year . The link to the Feast of St Pyre's from Cote du Ciel's website,
http://coteduciel.org/,  event is still good. The description has
changed to reflect the change.

Yes, we still plan to have equestrian activites. However, it is turned
down to a season opener where the concentration will be on introducing
games to beginners. We will have a low-pressure equestrian tournament to
give new SCA riders a chance to play. There will also be the Gauntlet of
Peril and Tournaments for both heavy and rapier fighters.

I have inserted the text to the event here.

-------------------------------

*The Feast of St. Pyre's and Regional Equestrian Practice*

April 23, 2005
Cache County Fairgrounds, Logan, Utah

The Shire of Côte du Ciel cordially invites you to celebrate our patron
Saint's Feast Day.

Come join Bartholomew's /Dreaded Combat Archery Gauntlet of Peril /where
combat archers navigate through an embattled obstacle course. Heavy
combatants can enter the /Tournament of St. Pyre's. /Light combatants
can test skills against each other. We invite equestrians to join a
regional practice of SCA equestrian games and classes.

During the evening, join us for feasting and dancing.

      Fees

*Site:* $8 for members, $11 for non-members, $4 for youth 7 - 12, Free
for children under 6

*Feast:* $5 for adults, $2.50 for youth 7 - 12, Free for children under
6. Contact Lord Jamukha Batu for reservations by April 9^th .

*Family cap:* $35 (immediate family members)

      Site Information

The site opens at 9:00 AM. The site is DRY.

The event will be located at the Cache County Fairground's pavilion and
indoor riding arena. Take your best route to Logan, Utah. From Main
Street, turn west onto 400 South. Turn south at 500 West. The entrance
to the Fairgrounds that is closest to the feasthall will be your first
right.

      Equestrian Information

The site will open for those bringing horses Friday, the 22^nd , at 5:00
PM. The equestrian practice and activites will be on Saturday, the 23^rd .

Those who plan to ride must contact Lady Tamar by April 9^th.
Pre-registration forms will be available at the Feast of St. Pyre
website. Check for rental horse availability on the website.

Stalls will be available Friday and Saturday evenings (April 22 and 23)
for $10 per night. Please, contact Lady Tamar by April 9^th for stall
reservation.

The equestrian steward requires *proof of negative Coggins test* before
allowing unloading of horse.

We recommend current Strangles vaccination for your horse.

Anyone transporting a horse must be aware that the State of Utah has
become very serious about enforcing its travel requirements. In summary
they are:

   1.

      All vehicles with horses must stop at Utah ports of entry.

   2.

      Proof of ownership

         1.

            Brand inspection certificate or

         2.

            Lifetime or yearly travel permit

   3.

      Valid health certificate from a certified veterinarian if
      traveling from out of state.

   4.

      Negative Coggins test within last year

Please, check the event website for equestrian updates and
pre-registration forms.

      Event Staff

Event steward: Lord Jamukha Batu (Chris Chrysostom), (435)755-0173,
_Jamukha at coteduciel.org_ <mailto:Jamukha at coteduciel.org>

Equestrian steward: Lady Tamar (Karen Chrysostom), (435)755-0173,
_tamar at coteduciel.org_ <mailto:tamar at coteduciel.org>

      Website

Check our website for updates and more equestrian information.
http://coteduciel.org/pyrefeast2005.html.