[Artemisia] Laurels at Costume-Con 23?

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:23:24 CST 2005

My Lords and Ladies,

Are any Garb or Needlework Laurels planning to be in Gryphon's Lair during
the national costuming convention? This takes place in Ogden, Utah on the
last weekend in April, which (I'm told) is the same date and city scheduled
for Kingdom Convocation.  I'm not an SCA officer nor a member of
Costume-Con, but I do hope to make the pilgrimage north to visit the garb
supply vendors that will be filling the halls.

I'm thinking this would be a wonderful (unofficial) opportunity for SCAdian
garb-lovers to meet and discuss projects over coffee. Interested?

For those who may be curious--here's a link to the rules for the CC23
Historical Costuming contest:

http://www.crossroadsutah.org/CC23HistoricalRules.PDF

Laurels are specifially mentioned in the definitions of Skill Levels.

If found the subdivisions and distinctions between Historical Reproduction
and Historical Re-Interpretation fascinating...and disturbing. The cut-off
date for "history" is 1975!

(Feel free to copy this post to any local mail lists that might be
interested.)

Aurora de Portugal
now officially classified
as antique(!)