[Artemisia] Via Prolissima...hmmm....

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Mar 14 19:48:45 CST 2005

I quite whole-heartedly agree with you, Armand (and was pretty vocal
about it on our local list).  As far as I can tell, whatever this is, it
is not coming from the populace of BSK (at least, not from the ones I've
talked to, so far).  I suspect, but do not have proof of, that this is a
case of a casual, casual query or conversation being taken waaaay too
far and too seriously.
Do I see division(s) within our fair kingdom? Sadly, yes I do.  Are they
of long-standing duration? Sometimes, unfortunately, yes.
So by all means, lets recognize this as a challenge to overcome, and not
as something to celebrate with a name and some sort of Official
Recognition.  Peers in a given order (at least, the ones I belong to)
tend to refer to each other courteously as "cousins."  Well, dammit,
we're ALL cousins, and I, for one, don't want to split the family up.
Heck, I still miss some Aten traditions.  I even still wear an Aten
laurel medallion, with pride.  I still feel as strongly connected to my
fellow artisans and friends in far-flung corners of our kingdom as I do
those who are closer to me, geographically.  I have, in my years,
enjoyed the fine hospitality of many groups and individuals in Artemisia
and Atenveldt, and I've never regretted traveling to them.  (Well, maybe
there was that one time I was in Phoenix for Kingdom A&S, and it was
August, and over 130 degrees, and the air conditioning in the event bldg
failed.....<g>)

I don't like the idea of Montana forming it's own little region
("little" not to be taken literally ;-), we're a big state, but it's a
mundane political division, and not evidence of SCA-based realities),
and I don't think it's necessary.  However, if it does get us all
talking about problems and issues we normally just look around or over,
then maybe some good can come of it.  One can hope.

--maire, artemisian. just plain artemisian.....