[Artemisia] folks going places

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Mon Mar 14 20:08:52 CST 2005

> I cannot see why "people travelling to events without attending local
meetings" would be any sort of problem at all for this completely
> volunteer organization.   You cannot force people to participate in a  way
they cannot or choose not to do.  <> I, for one, was very glad to see the
two gentles mentioned in a previous  post.  Must I be forced to wait for
them to fulfill a local attendance  quota before crossing swords with them
again?
> Respectfully submitted,
> -bart

    Dear Bart,

 This sort of problem arises when as a small group such as many of the
Shires in Montana are  isolated and are dependent upon it's own group
members for support.   We are small groups separated by lots of mileage, and
we have few Peers to point to and say "emulate them. This is what the SCA is
about."   Not participating in your own local group makes the burden larger
for those supporting the local events & meetings.   I travel  -- and maybe
only make the business meeting once a month when I am gone to other events
on the weekends.  But I am giving my support to my local branch.

 So, when are you traveling up our way?  We have this camping event coming
up June 24,25th . . . . . lots of fighting . . . . .

Maistreas Caointiarn
Seneschal for Bronzehelm