[Artemisia] Re: ATTENTION NORTHERN ARTEMISIANS!!

Redhawk sca_redhawk at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 21:50:09 CST 2005

Kuro.. that is why Helena, Bozeman and Great Falls created Pheonix Rising.  The three groups are hoping PR will be come a signature event.
I also agree with you when you said the Northern folks seem to go out of state but not much is seen of the South.  Execpt for the upcoming Baron and Baroness of LS, Sir Conrad Vonz and Tim, Azir and Cat, I would almost think the South fell off the Kingdom map.  That was meant in jest not meant as me being a meany :0)  I noticed folks are getting a might touchy these days..
Redhawk tossing in another quarters worth

ShadowKnight <shadow4549 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Guess I will weigh in here on this question. I know I haven't been playing nearly as much these days between kids and thesis so may be out of the loop for a lot of this.

1. I do not like the name...it needs to be something that is descriptive. But for the interim Northern Alliance would work.

2. I feel that there are pros and cons to both sides of this question.
a) If this process can lead to greater cohesion between the groups here in Montana that is a good thing. But I think all groups need to be talking about it together and not just on seperate lists.
b) This could cause people to feel an even greater rift between those groups in the southern part of the kingdom. But is the rift already there for sure and will it widen or stay the same. Yes, the road does go both ways and from my experience it most often seems to be those of Montana going to southern events. Why is that?
c) Is there interaction between all the Northern groups themselves at events? Again...the roads go both ways.
d) Perhaps a signature event up here that includes all of the groups would help...don't know. Kinda hard with fire seasons the way they are.

Just my two yen,
Kuro

Redhawk wrote:
I am not in favor of it either Maistreas Caointiarn. And I also agree with folks who seem to go places and be involved in things need to attended their local group meetings and be active in the Shire doings.

Redhawk
caointiarn wrote:
I find it "interesting" that Sir Daman and HL Giovanni are able to attend Coronation and converse with Their Majesties, but can't seem to find the time to attend their own Shire's meetings . . . . . I don't see how defining Montana as a "region" is going to help anything. If that be the case, maybe resurrect a historical name like "Northern Alliance."
Maistreas Caointiarn {not in favor of this development}

>From Morgan Blaidd Du,

Deputy Kingdom Seneschal-North

For those of you who receive this multiple times, I apologize; please forward your extra copy to someone who didn't receive it. It is my great honor and pleasure to announce that, at the Coronation of Their Sage Majesties Sean III and Caryn II, His Majesty made a request. In converse with Their Excellencies Llywelyn and Joanna of Sentinel's Keep, Sir Daman and HL Giovanni of Bronzehelm, and me, He noted that our region has grown, is growing, and should be recognized as a Region. To be so recognized, we first and foremost need a name for our Region other than "the North" or "Montana". I have put forth the name of Via Prolissima, which is of course Latin for "very long road". I think it is the most descriptive and inclusive name for our Region, and His Majesty is rather fond of it as well, but perhaps someone else has a better idea.

So, at the request of His Majesty, please notify me by private email which of the following is your opinion-

1- I love Via Prolissima, make that our name!

2- I don't like Via Prolissima; here is my better idea ___________________.

Seneschals, please pass this request on to your respective Barony/Shires.

Morgan Blaidd Du

Perhaps the Via Prolissima Regional Seneschal

"Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action."
-- Benjamin Disraeli
Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself. – Chinese
Proverb