[Artemisia] Starting Groups, long but (I hope) worth it

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Tue Mar 15 06:41:30 CST 2005

Thank you Excellency, for your (as always) clever and accurate insights.  It
never ceases to amaze me how you can turn a phrase.

SO, friends, neighbors, and cousins, let us back up a step or two and
approach this question from a new perspective.

Do you think it is time for the region that is Montana to be a named Region?
If so/not, why?

My personal opinion is of course already widely known, but we all make this
decision together.  Obviously there will be those unhappy with the outcome
no matter what happens, but I do believe we can reach a consensus.

As for those who refer to the "division we already have" and other such
issues, will somebody please tell me what this division is???  I've said
repeatedly that the only division I see is geographical, and nothing we do
either way will change that, short of annexing all of Wyoming and Colorado
(hmmmmm).

To also address a couple of other responses-
Milady Redhawk, please forgive me for finding it humorous that you complain
about people not traveling between the north and the south, then name
several people that *do* travel, and reference the fact that you yourself
just made the 20 hour round trip to attend Coronation.  Simply put, not
everyone can travel, and of those that can not all can travel often or long
distances.  The fact that we can name a handful of people that come way
north for Stan Wyrm events indicates that there is travel, just not as much
as we want.

Sir Daniel, always nice to hear from you, but why does it have to be a
fence?  Why can't it just be a room in the house?  When Artemisia became a
Kingdom it didn't drastically affect the amount of travel between here and
Atenveldt, except for the Crown, whose combined lives got much easier.  Why
do you, and anyone else, assume that simply saying "what was the Northern
Reaches is now Recognized as Via Prolissima (JUST AN EXAMPLE)" is going to
make any of our southern cousins feel unwelcome?

As HE Niccolo noted, this should be about "who we is", not "who we ain't".
No one is trying to make One Thousand Eyes the dividing line between the
United Shires of Artemisia and the Confederated Shires of Artemisia.  We
aren't trying to push *them* away, just to pull *us* closer together.

If, in the end, what draws the northern groups together is the conviction
that I'm a twit, my job will be at least partially done.

Morgan