[Artemisia] folks going places

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Tue Mar 15 08:43:29 CST 2005

Hi Bart,

I totally agree that in a volunteer organization such as ours you can't (and
shouldn't) be able to force anyone to play in a manner that he or she
doesn't wish to.  That said, many of our groups are small, and if people
don't support their groups at the local level we would not *have* an
organization.  For the most part, those who are willing to give their time
and effort locally are the backbone of the SCA.  They are the ones who do
the work behind the scenes to put on the events that everyone enjoys.  It
can be frustrating to see people participating at events hundreds of miles
from home but never see them when there are things that need doing locally.

Gefjon