[Artemisia] Northern Barony

FactorOfSurprise at aol.com FactorOfSurprise at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 12:54:41 CST 2005

As a fly on the wall of the Aerie, I've heard several comments which can more
or less be summed up as 'not enough people!'  One way to fix this is to get
current members more active, another would be to get more members.  Are there
more opportunities for recruitment that could be taken advantage of?  I know
that I didn't join the SCA earlier than I did because I didn't know about it.
If nothing else, inviting local news media to events might be a good idea for
publicity - make sure they include information like where meetings are held,
and newcomers welcome!

And the hugely important part of recruitment being - when new people show up
at practices or events, getting them involved.  If someone has someone to talk
to, or something to do, they're much more likely to come back than someone
who just came and watched.

Lady Bijou de Fontaine
Lieutenant, Terra Sylvae
Shire of Gryphon's Lair