[Artemisia] In defense of those not traveling/playing

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:08:56 CST 2005

I live in Otherhill.  I must admit that I am only recently back in the game.
  This was due, in part, to my living situation at the time (no financial
wherewithal, single mom long before I left the man, no cash flow, four great
kids to raise, inverted income/bills ratio, no reliable vehicle, working
three jobs and still not making ends meet, college tuition, books and fees,
no money).

I am happy to report that, seven years and one divorce later, two of four
kids are now grown and productive adults, a Bachelor of Science (December
2002) and a Bachelor of Arts (May 2005 (no, I will NOT be at the Kingdom
Arts and Sciences Event)), I now have a very cool job that I absolutely
love, that pays well enough that I can play again.  Believe me ... I intend
to visit Montana, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, and lots of other places in the
coming year.

During my forced financial hiatus ... my knights' households, and my shire,
and my kids were my support group and cheering section  (thanks guys ... I
could not have survived it without you).

The point that I am making, in this long and drawn out tale is ... there may
be reasons that folks are not playing in Montana.  I am sure that the good
people of Artemisia do not intentionally snub our kin in the north.  A
little understanding might go a long way, and my experience with most of the
SCA is that you folks are among the most understanding in the whole world.

twa pence all

Cheers

Malkin
Otherhill
Artemisia

"It is a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word" ...
Thomas Jefferson

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com