[Artemisia] Re: Service, was: Re: [A

Redhawk sca_redhawk at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 13:43:00 CST 2005

I agree with you.. we need to set the example.  I have noticed tho, several groups are saying the same thing.  When I have been the event steward, I have tried to put folks that complain in charge of something to get a "gee, don't count on me, I can't come.", to find them at the event to once again complain.  I guess we get them no matter what we do.  I have started ignoring their comments.  It can be a confussing mess all right.. woking together is so much more fun and productive.
Red

Ellen Stavash <estavash at msn.com> wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that this is the way things are in your group. I guess I was confused when you said "this is in every group, not just one or two." In my experience, it can be difficult to judge what's going on behind the scenes if it's a group in which you are not active.

I do agree that it's difficult when members of a group are more interested in complaining about a problem than being part of the solution. I think the only way out of that quagmire is to find enough people who are willing to lead by example, and who can show how fun and rewarding it can be to be involved in making things better.

Maryam