[Artemisia] Re: Service, was: Re: [A

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 17:00:22 CST 2005

In a message dated 3/15/2005 2:43:57 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
sca_redhawk at yahoo.com writes:

When I  have been the event steward, I have tried to put folks that complain
in charge  of something to get a "gee, don't count on me, I can't come.", to
find them at  the event to once again complain.  I guess we get them no matter
what we  do.  I have started ignoring their comments.  It can be a confussing
mess all right.. working together is so much more fun and  productive.
Red

Sometimes we either put people on the wrong jobs or "pigeonhole"  them into a
job that they may do well but don't really enjoy.  If you were  to ask me to
wash dishes, I would do it because it needs to be done and I would  do it well
because I take pride in any job I do.  However, put me to  washing dishes at
every event because I do it and I do it well and you will soon  not see me at
events because I really detest washing dishes.  Even things  we love, if we
are asked to do the same thing over and over again, become less  lovely and well
liked.  So, it is worth the time to ask people what they  want to do and to
try to give them that work if possible as it will lead to them  not only doing
it well but also to them participating more.  Yes, it takes  more time and you
can't always give them exactly what they want to do (not  everyone can sit at
the raffle table) but just the act of asking them and  letting them know that
you care enough about their enjoyment even in working at  an event is
important and tells them that they are important.

Lady Constance de la Rose
Barony of Loch Salann
Kingdom of  Artemisia