[Artemisia] FW: [RN] An apology

John Gibson scjd at poboxes.com
Wed Mar 16 14:30:33 CST 2005

I thought I'd pass this on.

Greetings,

     My name is Ian Duncanson, I am the Queens Rapier Champion of Caid.  An
incident occurred during the first or second scenario at this last Estrella
that I feel I should apologize for.  I approached a line of about five
individuals from the Outlands/Artemesia army from an oblique angle.  I
placed the point of my sword to the neck of the Lady at the far right of
their line.  Believing I had killed her, I stepped forward.  To my surprise
she attacked me and in defense I also struck, resulting in a double kill.
Now at this time I thought to myself, "Um.. she can't kill me, she is
already dead.", so I then proceeded to walk down the rest of the line and
kill  her squad.  And even after the battle, when I went to talk with her
about this incident I didn't see the error in my actions.  That error is
that 'I' am not the one who determines if a shot is good, or that someone is
'dead'.  This fine Lady obvi! ously did not feel the point of my sword, and
as such was well in her rights to feel slighted that I did not accept her
blow.  Likewise, her squad deserves an apology from me as I wrongly took
them out of that scenario.
     Unfortunately I do not know where they are from, except that they were
from the army of Outlands/Artemesia.  Nor do I know any of their names.
However, they were all dressed in red and black... maybe some white.  If
anyone knows who they are, please forward this apology to them, if those
wronged are reading this, I apologize for my actions.  I did not blow your
shot off with malice, like I said, at the time my little head was saying,
"dude... like... she was already dead man." That's not an excuse... just
letting you know that I wasn't intending to be the jackass that I was.  I
would also like to apologize to my queen, HRM Chamayn for my actions on the
field.  As her champion I was representing her and I am sorry that my
actions did not properly reflect her gracious and honorable nature.  To my
teacher, Master Laertes Blackavar McBride, my apologies for reflecting
poorly on you.

For further identification purposes I was wearing the Queens Rapier tabard,
blue/white with a yellow rose in the center.

Again, I humbly apologize to you all.

Humbly,
Ian Duncanson
Caid