[Artemisia] MEDIEVAL Summer Reading at your local library

Aletheia Isidora tarimaat at bresnan.net
Thu Mar 17 22:48:03 CST 2005

Greetings!
Away back in November, I gave this list a heads up that the 2005 summer
reading program has a MEDIEVAL theme, to wit: Dragons, Dreams and Daring
Deeds.  The Teen them is Joust Read. The time is almost upon us. Can
anyone other than Lady Rebecca (the only response I saw last time) see
an opportunity for their local group here? I'm trying again...

Starting NEXT MONTH (the actual program usually starts in
June, but scheduling is critical), every SCA group in
Artemisia might want to seriously think about getting in touch with
their local public library for demos and other good opportunities to
both help kids learn to like reading and the Middle Ages, and (as a side
benefit) to promote awareness of the SCA in your locales.

Local libraries are responsible for their own programming of supportive
activities (like demos). Many librarians are aware the SCA exists, but
may not be aware of where the closest group is to them, or
what kind of things we do. Now is your chance to make a real impact on
your community, by helping out (and bringing a whole bunch of people to
the delights of medieval history and the SCA).

Here are some websites with general information about activities some of
Artemisia's states:

http://www.lili.org/read/summer/Dragons.htm
at the Idaho State Library

http://library.utah.gov/sumread.html
at the Utah State Library

Trying again to get somebody (in addition to Rebecca) in Artemisia to
care about a great opportunity,
Aletheia Isidora of Philae (Tarimaat)
mundane reference librarian