[Artemisia] Story Telling

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Fri Mar 18 12:56:41 CST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: artemisia-bounces+morganwolf=sofast.net at lists.gallowglass.org
[mailto:artemisia-bounces+morganwolf=sofast.net at lists.gallowglass.org] On
Behalf Of LadyPDC at aol.com
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 11:02 AM
To: artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Story Telling

Maybe it is time and appropriate to share some of those stories  among
ourselves.  To remind each other why we continue to play even through  the
work and
the (say it softly) politics.

My first exposure to the SCA should have been my last.  Almost  everything
that could go wrong did.  We were told the wrong time to arrive  and got
there
at 8:30 am when things were just being set up (the person who  invited us
didn't arrive until 3 hours later).  We were not told to wear  anything
special
(just wear casual clothes, no one will mind).  We were not  told that there
was
any sort of gate fee and, since it wasn't set up when we  arrived, just
strolled on in.
SNIP the important stuff-

PLEEEEAASSSEEE tell me that the first time I invited you to an SCA function
was actually your second, or I'm going to feel like an even bigger idiot.

Morgan