[Artemisia] Uprising Complaints?

John Gibson scjd at poboxes.com
Sun Mar 20 00:25:16 CST 2005

Being one of the Uprising Staff (Including being the web minister, and
having Autocrated the event ) I'm a bit connected to it so feel required to
reply.

:-Each year the price of attendance seems to increase with very
:-good reasons.  Each year, attendance has seemed to dwindle, also

Actually the price is exactly the same this year as it was last year.  Also,
Attendance has remained relatively constant over the past three years, with
an increase expected this year, provided fuel price increases are not too
drastic.  The prices are set (we hope) so the event works out at a break
even point.  (Yep it's true, Uprising is no cash cow, fact is we have had a
few that lost money.)

:-with very good reasons and each year I have witnessed what seems
:-an increasing number of complaints regarding the event.

Would be nice if these were addressed to me through the Uprising Web Site so
they can be addressed.  As it is there have actually been very few
complaints in the last few years, especially considering the event size.  I
do give exception to the weather last year, and thank his Grace Duke John
for finally bringing with him the sun.

:-Secondly, the Autocrating staff needs to take every complaint to
:-heart and make every effort to make the experience amenable for
:-all of their guests.  This includes some serious review of the
:-site.  I know finding sites is difficult, but have all avenues
:-been truly investigated, including a site that lies perhaps

The whole of the Barony takes each and every complaint to heart.  We discuss
those complaints to see what can be done to improve each year.  I maintain a
file of all e-mails sent to the website (through a variety of e-mail
addresses including complaints at uprisingwar.org) and have asked for comments
and suggestions for three years running.  Fact is the list of complaints are
pretty small, but there will always be some and of those there will always
be those we just can not do anything about.

As to a new site.  We have been looking for years.  In fact a committee was
created in the Barony last year just to address this issue.  There are some
family politics preventing us from using a few sites, and most sites just
are not large enough or do not have the amenities we need.  We were looking
at one that was a bit far north, but it puts the nearest services over an
hour away.  Simply put, we ARE looking, but will NOT move the event until we
find a site that is better than what we have.

:-.  If we have no "kingdom" events left what are
Umm Did you attend Coronation or Crown?  Kingdom A&S?  Sorry, but these are
KINGDOM events, and of the many I have attended, wonderful events where we
as a Kingdom do get together.  Large WARS like Uprising are special.
Uprising is a BARONIAL event.  I'll leave it at that.
Now, had you attended Glory last year, you would know your Crown has
negotiated that it will be an InterKingdom event between Artemisia,
Outlands, and Northshield.  So there you have it, a NEW event one month
after Uprising for the Kingdom to gather round.

Lord John Gilson, HUH?
Locksmith, Baroness's Musketeer,
Provost & GU Black Wing Company,
Rapier Marshal, Barony of One Thousand Eyes, Artemisia
Uprising XIX Web Minister, Land Allocation Steward, Rapier Marshal, etc
--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.