[Artemisia] SCAdian Anthropology

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 21 13:47:57 CST 2005

Mistress Tanglwyst laughed:

>"Sir Mikaru, please pick up the courtesy herald, I don't have your e-
>mail address."
>
>Okay, that was hilarious.

Ah, that was accidental. I don't *think* I posted that plea beyond the Loch
Salaan and Gryphon's Laire lists...but I'm happy to have amused you.

>You don't recognize SCA anthropology, apparently.  MOST Japanese personas
>have blonde hair >and blue eyes!  ....
>If they have Oriental features and black hair, they are clearly Welsh.

So...where does this little  dark-eyed, olive-skinned brunette fit in? Most
of the Iberian/Spanish female personas I've seen online are dishwater
blondes. Sadly enough, I haven't met any Iberians but Spanish Dan in the
flesh.

>Most Middle Eastern women have red hair and freckles and sunburn easily.
>Must be a hazard from >living in a desert.

I've noticed that, yes. I'd simply assumed they were the fabled beauties of
Kurdistan. (Yes, Kurdish women really were celebrated for their red hair and
porcelain skin. And fiery temper.)

>Redheads with olive skin and green eyes are French.
>Redheads with any other kinds of skin color, especially black skin, are
>German, across the board. >Unless they're men, then they are often English.

I've noticed there seems to be an unusually high concentration of redheads
at Artemesian events. Is this a local phenomenon or a Society-wide
occurrence? (Could make an interesting Arts & Science thesis.)

>I have a map, if you like.

Yes, please.

Aurora
token