[Artemisia] Uprising Pre-Reg

John Gibson scjd at poboxes.com
Wed Mar 23 18:38:03 CST 2005

I got this real interesting e-mail and I thought everyone could benefit from
my long answer since we do this for most big events.  Now to save the
original questioner embarrassment, I'm going to re-write their question.

Question - How should I fill out my Land Request and Group Camping With
sections on all my Pre-Registration forms for a large contingent all filing
together with some camping in Tents, and some in RVs?  Do I need to mail
them all separately?

Assuming you are sending in say 10 separate Pre-registrations for say 10
people some adults, some kids, some extra friends, and Assuming they are not
all related, but you are sending them in a big envelope with one (or more)
check(s) for your convience and to save the stamp (Which is why I beg
everyone to request their Pre-Reg Confirmation be sent by E-Mail), then
please send them all together and {Deep breath} On some of those forms I
expect you to place camping arrangements.  Example A & B who own children C,
D & E Use two Tents 1 for the kids 1 for themselves, and are Riding With
Adults F&G in their RV: So A would list 10 * 20 for their pavilion, B would
be blank since staying in A's Tent, C would list 10 * 10 and D would be
blank on land wanted since are staying in C's Tent but E would list 5 * 5
for the Storage Tent A's Armor stays in (since B won't let him keep it in
her lovely pavilion).  All of these Guys would have the same "Group Camping
With" noted including B & D who ask for no land just so we can find them if
need be, and to add to the overall # count for a group. F would have 45'
written in to be nice though only RV needs be noted in "Group Camping With"
and G would be blank.  And so on for H I & J.
  Of course this is assuming you like me enough to fill out all the forms
correctly and legible (You would be surprised how many times I have gotten a
committee to decipher handwriting.)

Thank you very much (and I do hope you got some of the humor reading this as
I had writing it ;-)

Lord John Gilson, HUH?
Locksmith, Baroness's Musketeer,
Provost & GU Black Wing Company,
Rapier Marshal, Barony of One Thousand Eyes, Artemisia