[Artemisia] Baronage

Julia Jackman-Brink julia.jackman-brink at umontana.edu
Mon Mar 28 12:59:21 CST 2005

Megen wrote:

> Actually-- Artemisia's OP lists Court Barons and Baroness' one step higher than an
> AOA, and that's all.  And if you notice when a landed Baron steps down, his position
> on the OP changes back to where they were before they became Baron.  I am not trying
> to belittle the title of Court Baron in any way, I'm just bringing to your attention
> that this is how it has been for many many years.  Artemisia is a Kingdom with traditions,
> and I don't see them changing.

The Former Landed Baronages are not technically Court Baronages. Landeds
(if they have no other higher award) walk in the order of thier
elevation behind the Founding Baronage of their particular group.
(And yes it is still WAY down in the OP.)

Artemisia was the FIRST Kingdom to do this. It was a way to distinguish
between a person giving up several YEARS of their life to a group, and
someone recogized at the Crown's will. Other Kingdoms are now following
suit. It is why we are given baronial lineage numbers when we step down.

Juliana
2nd Baroness BSK