[Artemisia] Re: Black Wing

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Mon Mar 28 13:24:35 CST 2005

> If it's someone of the Black Wing Company, the new
> Captain-General is serious about wanting to enforce
> standards of genteel conduct.  (Hopefully he won't be
> undercut as Azir was.)

> Niccolo
> bapadget at yahoo.com

Master Niccolo, and Artemisia,

I've been trying all morning to find the right words to respond to Ld.
Azir's missive, and you seem to have given me an opening.

As you know I am not in any way associated with the rapier community, and
while I have heard 'rumblings' I do not know, nor do I need or desire to
know what the problems within the BlackWing Co. are/have been.  BUT -

I do want to say that I have observed and interacted with Ld. Azir many
times over a number of years.  I have *seldom* seen anyone who has better
demonstrated the courtesy and chivalry of our Society than he has.  Numerous
times I have pointed him out and suggested a new young player look to him as
an example of correct behavior.  He has my respect as a true example of a
gentleman.

It hurts to hear how he has been treated, and to read the letter he posted
last Saturday.  I am glad to hear that he is not leaving us altogether, and
will still be around to serve as an example for those who look to learn.

In all sincerity -

Mst. Gefjon Hrafnardóttir
4th Baroness BSK