[Artemisia] question about circlets god help me

John Gibson scjd at poboxes.com
Mon Mar 28 15:06:17 CST 2005

:-i am very curious to the answer tho.  i was under the idea that
:-we must follow each kingdom rule.  i am also thinking that when a
:-person is now living permanatly in another kingdom, that kingdom
:-rule applies.  i could be wrong so therefore i am seeking the
:-answer from those that know..

It has been my understanding that we follow the simple "When in Rome" rule.
Therefore lets take a look at An Tir's laws....website....Read... Hmmm They
have a Gamesmaster listed as an Office! .... Ah here we are,

"Regalia & Sumptuary Laws
On the Subject of Circlets: The variety and splendor of the various styles
of circlets worn in An Tir and throughout the Known World are such that you
need to be very careful [when wearing one] that you do not presume to a
higher rank unknowingly. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that circlets
(other than those mentioned above) be less than an inch wide, not vary in
height in any way, and have no protuberances above the top edge of the band.
Any further designs (excluding those heraldic elements which denote rank),
stones, or metals is left up to the taste of the wearer, but bear in mind
that fancier generally denotes higher rank.

As a general guide, those without an Award of Arms may wear a simple,
undecorated metal circlet. Those with an Award of Arms may add a single
stone and/or a small amount of engraving to the circlet. Those with an award
which conveys a Grant of Arms, may add several stones and more engraving to
their circlet."

Lord John Gilson, HUH?
Locksmith, Baroness's Musketeer,
Provost & GU Black Wing Company,
Rapier Marshal, Barony of One Thousand Eyes, Artemisia

http://www.antir.sca.org/Pubs/ATH/7regalia.html