[Artemisia] Re: A Bit of a Rant.

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Mon Mar 28 17:41:15 CST 2005

Sondra Gibson wrote:
> Greetings -
>
> I respectfully question Mst. Shauna's listing, and here is the reason:
> Numbers 1 thru 3, and 6 carry a paton of arms.  Numbers 4, 5 and 6 don't
> even carry a grant of arms as far as I know.  So this listing puts things
> *way* out of order.
>
> Gefjon

Okay, my turn to jump in, I guess.
And, before anyone jumps to conclusions, I am NOT
disagreeing with anyone about the ranking.

I did that ranking when I was Golden Wing, and was
trying to get some things in writing that had not
been done previous to our going Kingdom.

There are actually TWO listings that are currently
Statute - the Order of Precedence and the Order of
March.

Both of these can be changed at the will of the Crown.

The sticking point for both is 'where do we put the
Court Baronage?' Since there are two types of Court
Baronage, some sort of explanation should be in the
documents, and I don't believe I managed to do that
at the time.

The understanding I had, and what I tried to go with,
was that Former Landed Baronage deserved recognition
of a separate nature from Court Baronage given for other
than having sat as Landed Baron/ess.

The statutes should probably be changed, but that
is up to the current Golden Wing and Their Majesties.
I would be willing to consult on the actual changes that
might be needed, but certainly my opinions are not the
only ones on this matter, and I certainly don't need to
be asked on what should be changed. Again, not up to me.

Going back to my corner, now.

Shauna

PS I have something to say on the 'other debate', look
for a separate post on _that_ subject. :-)