[Artemisia] For all of my fellow Morgans

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Sun May 8 13:24:05 CDT 2005

While I was checking on some things (see my previous post), I found
something of great importance to all of us Morgans.  The authors of Welsh
Surnames have determined in their research that Morgan does NOT mean “sea
borne” as previously theorized, but instead is breaks down to the root words
“Mawr (great)” and “cant (throng or herd)”.  Yup, you heard it here first,
“Morgan” means “great throng”, which means

Artemisia has a Morgan of Morgans!

'n Anrhydeddus Bonheddwr Morgan Blaidd Du

(Honorable Lord)

Ghillie and Protégé to

Baroness Rachel Ashton and

Baron James Ulrich MacKellar