[Artemisia] Reminder of the Internet-based part singing project for Uprising

Mary Hodges hodgemary at onewest.net
Sun May 8 22:45:00 CDT 2005

This is a weekly reminder of the Internet based part singing project for
Uprising.  Please contact me if you have any questions; otherwise, just
download your sheet music. learn your part from the midi files at the
web site, and come and sing!

Cheers,
Jehane

Greetings.

I found this website the other day.
http://www.arach.net.au/~algernon/index.html

It contains a number of period and nearly period songs arranged SATB,
with midi files for all the parts together and each part separately, and
.pdf sheet music.  This means that you can download the appropriate
files and learn your own part at home. Interested parties could get
together at Uprising (or any event) and do some part singing.  Because
this web site has midi files, music reading is not necessary to learn
the parts; you can listen to the midi file of your part and learn by ear.

If you are interested, take a look at the songs and e-mail me so I can
arrange to bring the appropriate paraphenalia (keyboard and extra
copies).  If we can find a soprano, tenor and bass we can do it, the
more the merrier (I am an alto; I have been known to sing both
mezzosoprano and tenor, but alto is my best part).  For songs, I liked
the arrangements of Din Di Rin, Now is the Month of Maying, and Fine
Knacks for Ladies-in English, and the parts are reasonably easy to sing.
  I am open to other suggestions, and I do have other music available.
The Abbey will give us rehearsal space at Uprising if we want it.  (One
of the nice things about singing is that you don't need much stuff-just
your self.)

I remain,
your obedient servant,
Jehane de Saint Michael
I bear the arms "Per pale gules and argent a bordure indented sable."