[Artemisia] OT? Kindom of Heaven movie

Olan Mikkelsen pan_landolf at hotmail.com
Sun May 15 21:40:53 CDT 2005

Has any one seen "The Kingdom of Heaven" movie?  What are your thoughts
about it?
I thought the costuming and armor were very credible.  While the battle
scenes were very intense, I felt they were too fragmented.  The storyline
was pretty vague, with no real character development.  I think the director
concentrated too much on trying to create an "epic" feel.  It seems to me
that Balian would have been more believable in his portrayal of the perfect
knight if he had not succumbed to Sibylla's seduction.
Overall it was an entertaining film.  I'd give it three stars out of five.
Landolf