[Artemisia] OT? Kindom of Heaven movie

Jeff Webster red_belt at msn.com
Sun May 15 21:58:20 CDT 2005

Hello,
 I saw it a few weeks ago on opening Knight...er, night.
  I liked the costuming and the armor as well. I saw visions of Sir Ralph Bigod standing there. As a matter of fact my beautiful lady wife said, "Hey that looks like Sir Ronan"  I gently corrected her as I felt for the popcorn, "That would be Sir Ralph" I said, to which she gave me a startled gaze, not because of the statement, but because of my wandering hands and the consuming of stolen popcorn. I explained later.

  I rather liked the movie but I must admit that I know little of the era that the movie portrayed. I am now on a quest to learn evermore of the crusades and the "costuming" (garb, armor, etc.) of the day. It was a wonderful escape and I rather liked it.
  I must agree on the plot. I think it rather fragmented too.  It was hard to follow at times and jumped to empty scenes and less than adequate portrayal. Padraigin said she was lost through most of the movie, admittedly not knowing anything about the area or the Hospitallers or the Templars of the time. I liked the weapons. I thought the scabbards and "period" suspension of the weapons was spot on. Of course again I do not know much about the time or customs.

  Over all, I liked it. Probably better than "Timeline" I was rather disappointed at that one. I read the book and the movie failed miserably.

Just my opinion,

Ulric
(not that Ulrich, the other one)