[Artemisia] Colligium, the pass has closed

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Sat Nov 5 08:37:26 CST 2005

Georgia Foster wrote:
> forgive the bandwidth, but I am in need of some immediate assistance
> from someone attending colligium.  I will be unable to attend due to a
> road closure (I80 from Carter to Bigalow).  Please pass the following
> message to the autocrats and schedulers of Colligium.
>
> I live in far Otherhill.  The transport time between Otherhill and
> Gryphon's Lair is 2hours 35 min, and takes a path that us usually wide
> and open.  One must be on that road at 0630 in order to make the journey
> by 0900.  On this day, however, the pass between Otherhill and Gryphons
> Lair is closed due to unsafe travel conditions.  I am unable to be there
> for the First Aid and Safety class that was my intent to teach today.
>
> It is hoped that this course can be rescheduled for a later event.
>
> Please please please will someone take many many pictures of the
> Elevation of HL Thea?  It was my fond wish to attend, but it would seem
> nature conspires in strange ways.
>
> I regret the inconvencience caused to Baroness Bianca this morning.  I
> did awaken her as soon as I found out that the pass was closed.  Your
> Excellency, the Sage Advice was the only communication tool I had
> availible to me, and your number was the only phone number listed in
> that device.
>
> Cheers
>
> Malkin

Okay, well, that makes two of us unable to make it due to real life
circumstances!

SIGH.

It means I get to get a lot more work done on Laurel stuff, and my
house, however.

BTW, I have changed my work hours slightly for the rest of the
year (Christmas rush has started for some of our catalog order
accounts) to the following:

Mon - Thurs 5 am to 2 pm
Fri 5 am to 11 am
Sat and Sun OFF

Same amount of hours, lunch break around 9 am Mon to Thurs
for an hour - I come home for lunch hour - and probably
8:30 am to 9 am on Fridays for 1/2 hour lunch - I don't leave
work for that lunch break.

Did I tell you I got a raise? Most the company will do at once
is a quarter an hour, so I am now at $8.25 per hour - and I
was told that I had not reached the top, so the potential for
further raises is out there. Did get an increase in responsibility
along with the raise, but it is something that I was wanting to
be doing and now has 'official sanction' rather than the
unofficial 'help' I had been doing. Mostly, I am still an agent
on the phone, but I can function as a supervisor on one
specific account that I am considered the absolute expert
in - and I do all the 'trouble sheets' on that account daily,
too.

Anyway, was up and saw your message and wanted to
send you a HUG. :-)

Shauna