[Artemisia] Kingdom Arts & Sciences Champion

Jeanne P / Casamira jeannecas at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 18:16:12 CST 2005

Greetings from Baroness Casamira Jawjalny, O.L.
  Those of you who missed the Arts & Sciences classes truly missed a grand
event. There were classes for everyone - and many for fighters! Good
camaraderie and a wonderful non-lending library.
 I thoroughly enjoyed teaching my documentation class, and learning about
soapstone carving, bread making and tisanes. I heard favorable comments
about many other classes. Our hosts, the Barony of Gryphon's Lair were most
gracious.
 In all the excitement about the question to be asked of Math the Fish, the
announcement of the Artemisian Arts and Sciences Championship has not been
mentioned.
 I want to thank our Majesties for trying a new format to showcase the
Artisans of this fair land. Many competed. Seven were honored for their
efforts and were declared the winner for that specific event. Mst. Bengta
Rolfsdatter was the winner for this individual event.
 Mst. Caointiarn Comhthaistealai was brought forward and thanked for her
service to the kingdom and given her Quodlibet.
 Their Majesties called forth the 5 individual event winners who were
present, acknowledged them for their achievement. The herald announced
Constance de la Rose as the new kingdom Arts & Sciences Champion. After
swearing an oath of service to the Kingdom, she was given the lovely chain
of A's for the Arts champion and a beautiful scroll done by His Majesty.
 Vivat!
 And Theodora of Trebizond was elevelated to the Order of the Pelican is a
beautiful ceremony. The Peers who spoke for her were Sir Llewellyn ap Rhodri
Hopkins for the Chivalry, Duchess Caryn Isolde Clothilde von Katzenberg for
the Order of the Laurel, Baroness Tianna Ni Coimin for the Order of the
Pelican and Duke Sean Kirkpatrick Tarragon for the Royal Peers.
Theodora was very moved by the ceremony, but recited her oath with
conviction for those in the back to hear. Her scroll was done by Duchess
Caryn.
 Vivat!