[Artemisia] Sage cover art - constructive criticism

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 16:28:22 CST 2005

Greetings friends!

First, I'd like to say that we should all praise and revere Lady Freydis (as we have been doing) for her laudable work with the Sage, not only on time, but informative.

Second, I'd like to praise her Lord, Aaron (as we have been) for his constant attention to creating fine artworks for the cover.  I suspect he wouldn't mind a break.

That being said, although I personally like the cover art more than some 'lifeless' sort of medieval photocopy (which I realize noone is really suggesting) I can sense some feeling that perhaps it might be time to change up cover styles on the Sage.

With that in mind, I think I represent some when I say that perhaps we should give the gracious Aaron a month or two off so he can go to work at his real job and we should all send in something we think we would like to see on the cover of the Sage.  Now, try and remember that pictures that are not VERY GOOD become useless pixilated dreck, and that even the nicest art can be ruined by scanning and trying to scrunch it onto the cover size of the Sage.  So every piece is not appropriate.

Please send your lovely cover art electronically READY TO PRINT to the Sage at:

sageadvice at rmci.net

I suspect if she doesn't get it electronically, its not nearly as useful, but that is just me.

Now, I've done this announcement completely unsolicited by either the Crown or the Chronicler, so if I'm totally off base, she's going to get a LOT of junk mail and I'm going to get an earful.

But don't be part of the problem folks!  Be part of the solution!  Send in your art!  Swamp the RMCI server with megs of great stuff you want to see on the cover!

Freydis, darling, if you're reading this, I'm SO glad I live 250 miles away!

Very sincerely,
Conrad v Z