[Artemisia] An apology (was re: Sage Cover Art)

Theodora (AKA Rachael) ladythea at myway.com
Thu Nov 10 12:24:05 CST 2005

Hi, everyone.
If anyone took my missive as an attempt to demean the wondrous work of Lady Freydis or Lord Aaron, I humbly apologize.   The newsletter is timely, informative, and yes, I like the artwork.  When I said I should "put up or shut up", I meant that I should submit artwork or not wonder why the same artist always does the covers.  In reading back, I realized that may not be how that statement appeared.

I still would like to offer my service as an artist to provide cover art for the Sage, as an alternative and addition to that which other members of the populace might provide, and would appreciate info on workable formats by which I may do so.  I am not familiar with te process of scanning artwork, so I need to be educated.

BTW - the SCA policy as I understand it on photo publication is that, if it is to be used on a website or newsletter, releases must be received from the artist/photographer as well as all identifiable individuals in the photo.  Even if that is not official, it is good policy.  I would like to know that a photo I appear in will be used in a widely distributed forum.

Thanks,
Thea

"You are all learners, doers, teachers."  -Richard Bach