[Artemisia] The last of the cover art caper...

Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil archergodwin at cableone.net
Fri Nov 11 22:49:29 CST 2005

My Lords and Ladies, Gentle Peers, and anyone else,

>I ask that EVERYONE take a step back and RELAX.  What started as a simple
>request from Their Majesties has escalated WAY out of control.  Whether or
>not you personally like the covers done by Lord Aaron, respect the work that
>he has done and acknowledge that he did it when you did not.  If you want to
>see some other style of art on the cover, then submit enough of it to fill a
>year's worth.  If you cannot or will not submit artwork of your own, then
>perhaps this topic of discussion is not one you should join.
>
>Having said that, I feel confident in saying that no one who has made a
>statement on this topic in the last week intended personal affront, and ask
>that EVERYONE read what was posted exactly as it was posted- black and
>white, no insinuation, sarcasm, or other such inflections added.  Mistress
>Thea's friendly challenge was just that, a friendly challenge, not a
>criticism of Lord Aaron or Lady Freydis.  The opinions posted since then are
>just that, opinions.
>
>I humbly submit that this topic has reached the nadir of useful discussion,
>and all can agree that the Sage needs more artwork submissions and that Lord
>Aaron has truly earned some time off.  Why don't we let it die.
>
>HL Morgan Blaidd Du

There was nothing wrong with the posts dealing with asking people to
submit ideas and art, such as were sent by HRM and Mistress Thea.

I do believe however, that in black and white, the post from Juliana
called Lady Freydis and Lord Aaron's integrity into question. And I
quote verbatim:
"

I'd like to close in that there has been art and ideas (group sponsored
covers anyone?) submitted in recent years, that were not accepted for
various reasons. I can direct you to those people if confirmation is
needed, but I think it is more important to note that not everything is
as it seems.
"

This passage is not insinuation: It's a blatant accusation.

Insinuation, would be the rest of her post, which would lead us to
believe that Freydis is only using Aaron's work, to the exclusion of all
others, and completely ignoring all other sources of medieval artistry.

If I'm wrong, I'll fully apologize - and very publicly.....but I believe
I read and comprehended the meaning as intended.

My pence is spent.
- anybody want to flame me, do it off-list. 'archergodwin <at> cableone
<dot> net.

Godwin