[Artemisia] The last of the cover art caper...

Aaron Leach badger at rmci.net
Sun Nov 13 08:33:26 CST 2005

Ok, for all those out there working on cover art for the Sage, here are the
best ways to send said work to insure it will see print. I do all the
scanning and such type work for Freydis, as I know the program and how to
make it work.
1: Make a high quality photocopy of the work on laser copier. Please fill
out the release form and sign it. Put both artwork and release form in an
envelope, mail the art work flat please, and mail it to the address inside
the front cover of the Sage. There is an online release form, and Freydis is
also working up a new release form that will be available online soon.
2: For those of the electronic type submission. If you e-mail your artwork,
because the dpi has to be so low, it might not print that great. That and if
a bunch of artwork hits the e-mail account in a short period of time, the
mail box fill up and start bouncing other peoples submission back at them.
The best way is to scan the image at 600 dpi as a black and white or text
image. Bitmap for those who know more about computers. After scanning and
clean up, make the image a grayscale, and save as a TIFF. Save the file to a
disk/ cd, fill out the release form and mail it to the address in the
address inside the front cover of the Sage. Don't worry about sizing the
images, I'll do that for you. Please refrain from including any of the logo
work in your artwork. I have said why in a previous post. Oh, and remember
while you're drawing away on your cover art to have fun, because that's what
this is really all about.
Lord Aaron