[Artemisia] Sad News

Morgan Wolf wolf912 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 22 08:37:15 CST 2005

Please give my condolences to his family and the entire shire, Stan Wyrm has
lost one of its pillars.  Marco, please let me know where a memorial can be
sent.
Although he and I often disagreed on matters, it was always friendly and
respectful disagreement, and even when he was protesting the NMS by not
attending events I made a point of seeking his opinion on just about
everything.  For those who knew him little or not at all, Brendan was a
friend you haven't met, a loving father and husband, and a truly horrific
pun-ographer.  He took great delight in the moans of pain and outrage that
most of his jokes generated, and in his honor I give you one of his
worst/best, my farewell to a good friend:

When Marco Polo was traveling the Spice Road back from China, he spent some
time with Genghis Khan.  One day while out hunting they found an African
lion that had found its way far north from its home.  Genghis of course
killed it, and ordered his three best chefs, whom he had captured from the
Chinese, to prepare a great feast of the lion.  When the feast was served,
Genghis took one bite of the lavish lion dish, and immediately jumped up,
drew his sword, and killed the three chefs.  After he calmed down a bit,
Marco asked him why he killed the chefs after just one bite.  "It tasted
terrible, they were obviously drunk on duty!" the Khan replied.  "How could
you tell they were drunk on duty from one bite, Oh Khan?" "Isn't it obvious?
They couldn't even wok a strayed lion!"

Requiem in Pace, Brian.

Morgan